Monday, December 22, 2008

I Get to Just Listen

I woke up this morning and realized that my voice wasn't working in its normal way. It was a little raspy. My throat didn't hurt but I could tell that my voice wasn't its normal self. I had rehearsal tonight for this weekends worship. Now my voice isn't close to being normal. So what does that mean, well, it means that I won't be doing a lot of talking for the next few days. I get to be quiet and listen. To just listen is really going to be nice. I have an opportunity to listen to the congregation sing Christmas carols. I have the opportunity to listen to the giggles and excitement of my kids opening presents. I have the opportunity to listen to the Word being read about the birth of our Savior. I get to just listen. I don't want to miss out being part of this season, but I'm finding out that if I listen, I capture the true meaning of the Christmas.