Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Truly Touched

I have had one of the greatest honors this past weekend. It was the end of Lutheran Schools Week. Many schools and churches were celebrating what Lutheran Schools have to offer. Many had choirs sing...school children were involved in worship...celebrating Lutheran Schools. Back in 2009, I had the opportunity to work on a piece for Redeemer Lutheran School in Ontario, CA, based on Exodus 15:2. The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. (Exodus 15:2). And as I pondered on this school theme verse...I came up with the song title, "And I Will Praise Him".

So now I had one of the greatest honors...this song was sung in California at Redeemer Lutheran Church and School. It was sung with excitement. It was sung with heart. It was sung as praise to God. Not only did I know it was one I had written, it was one that was lifted up to God in honor and praise to His glory! Thank you, Redeemer Lutheran Church and School for allowing me to be part of Lutheran Schools Week with you. Thank you for singing this song with excitement and pride. Thank you for uplifting my heart with this powerful bible verse. He has become my salvation and I will praise Him!