Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Gymnastics Is Not My Gift

My oldest daughter is a gymnastics nut. She has been active in gymnastics since age two. As she got better, she started competing in gymnastics. In Indiana, she placed in many meets and her first year in Michigan, she was 6th at the state meet in her age group on beam. She works hard to be the best she can be. She has a gift in gymnastics. Now I can do a cartwheel and a summersault, but ask me to do what they do and you would get a good laugh. Gymanstics is not my gift.



We have all been blessed with gifts. Some people have the gift of teaching. Some have the gift of music. Some have the gift of sharing, caring, praying, listening, reading, etc. Each person has a gift from God in a certain area and each gift is vital to the kingdom of God. There is no such thing as a small gift, if used for God's glory. We can volunteer to help clean a house. We can sing songs. We can lead children in sunday school. We can...you fill in the blank. Your gift can benefit the kingdom of God. All you have to do is use it. I'm not strong in many areas, so I use what God has given me to be a witness for Him. You can do this also. Use your gift for God's glory. It might be a kind smile, a small hug, a simple prayer, but that gift, when used to build up His kingdom, is powerful.