Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Can You Hear Those Bells?

Christmas season is now upon us. It is that time again of the hectic schedules, Christmas programs, Christmas parties, worship services...it is go, go, go! As I was working preparing for the Christmas services, I was listening to the song "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" by Casting Crowns. As I was listening I couldn't help but think of the all the things that I knew had to be done before Christmas Eve. All those things started going through my mind until the words "Does anybody hear them?". Does anybody hear the bells on Christmas Day? I find that throughout this Christmas season, I get so caught up in what needs to be done, that I fail to stop and listen. I fail to hear those bells announcing the birth of my Lord and Savior. I work so hard to sharing the message with others, that I don't allow that message to sink into me. The message is clear...the message is exciting...the message is right before me. I know that I have a hectic schedule like a lot of people, but I must stop and hear the those bells. I need to listen and the hear the news of Christ's birth.