Monday, January 11, 2010

Bad to Blessing

I heard the most amazing thing this past week. It wasn't something so profound that every person in the world needs to hear, but it made an impact on me at that moment. While making one of my treks to church, I was listening to the radio. I wasn't impressed with 97.1 so I was scanning the radio dial. On one stop, I heard this statement, "I have to thank God for everything. Even the bad stuff turns out to be a blessing." Then the radio moved on.
Bad stuff a blessing? Sure it is. I have found that when "bad" things are happening in my life, there are other things that helps refocus my faith. I know that there have been times when I have had the "woe is me" attitude, but then someone or something reminds me that this is a way for me to see the amazing power of our Lord and Savior. I have seen this happen many times in my life. Bad things turn out to be blessings. I grow closer to God through others or through His Word and Sacrament. I change the focus from me to Him...from bad to blessing.