Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Have Patience...It Is All God's Plan

As my wife can attest, I haven't been the most patient driver. If once in traffic, a different lane is moving faster than the one I'm in, I move over to it. If the speed limit is 50, I expect people to go 50. I get frustrated when I hit every red light. But now living in Michigan for three years, I've learned a little more patience. I've learned that in construction traffic, staying in your lane might actually be better. I've learned that sometimes a car driving slower than speed limit actually can help you see that deer about ready to dart across the road. Red lights! I've never figured out why lights aren't timed to keep traffic moving. So now I just expect to be stopped. Having patience while driving, well, I'm getting better at it.
The same is true in our walk with God. God has a plan for all of us. He knows what will happen with life situations. He knows where we will be. He knows what ministry and in what capacity we will serve Him. He knows our future. He knows and He will reveal it according to His time. It is our job to have patience. It is our job to trust in His plan. It isn't easy. We are so impatient...we want the answer and NOW! But "now" might not be what God has in store. We must have patience. John Waller's song "While I'm Waiting" shares this very thing. Waiting isn't easy. But when God's plan is revealed, you will know and you will thrive doing His will.

You can see the video of John Waller's song "While I'm Waiting" by following the link on Living Word's website at www.livword.net