Saturday, March 7, 2009

I Just Had to Look and Listen

I was sitting in my office looking out the window and suddenly it happened. I couldn't believe it. It happened right in front of me. My eyes were widen, my heart thumped louder. I was so amazed that it happened in front of me that I sat with my mouth wide open. So what happened? Stop leaving us hanging. What happened? I saw God's glory. Yes I did. You see, the sun was shining. That is nothing new. The traffic on the road was moving. Nothing new. The wind was blowing and clouds were moving across the sky. Nothing new. But I did see God's glory. For one moment, you could see the sunbeam from the sky. It looked like it hit the ground just outside of the window. In my mind, I saw God's glory.

What an amazing thing. I just happened to be getting a little frustrated at that time. I was trying to find music to fit the theme of a worship service. I was paging through scripture. I was grabbing songbook after songbook looking for the right song to share the message. I was working frantically. I stopped, looked out the window and there it was, God's glory! Through all this planning, my planning, I was forgetting to stop and let God talk. He was showing me all along what to pick. He placed the songs in my heart. All I had to do was listen to the still small voice from God.