Friday, February 27, 2009

I Promise To Keep My Shoes On

I have a problem. Yes, it is a problem that I'm not proud of, but I have it. The best part about this is that there are a lot of people who also have the same problem that I have, so I'm not alone in this. You see, I suffer from stinky feet. Yes, my feet stink at times. I wash them with soap to make the smell nice, but when the day is over, look out! There have been times when I have taken off my shoes and socks and the smell over takes the room. I have tried baby powder in the shoes and that helps a little bit, but yes, after a while, this too fails. Changing socks, changing shoes, not wearing shoes, I have tried it all, but still I suffer from stinky feet.

Christians also suffer from stinky feet. We suffer from sin. We confess our sins and are made clean again, but after a day, hours, minutes, the stink comes back. There are times when we try to mask our sin. We think that if we cover up the stink, the sin, it will go away. We don't try to confess it, because we don't want to admit it. We try to hide it, to make it smell better, but after awhile, the stink comes back. But because of the love of our Lord and Savior, our stinky feet are gone. It is his love for us, his forgiveness that our stink is made clean. As we confess our sins, God takes takes it away and makes us clean. He does this, not because He had to, but because He wanted to. He did this because of his love for us. All it takes is for us to admit our sinful nature, our stinky feet, and it will be made clean. Our feet will smell like roses.