Monday, November 24, 2008

Yes, You Can Sing!

I have been trying to recruit new singers for the church choir. It is so hard to rely on the people I have in choir due to...well, with the way things are, they are also busy. So I really appreciate who I have when they can come. They give it their all. We are a small group, but mighty in sound. As I said, I have been trying to recruit people to sing in choir. I get a lot of different responses on why they can't. "I can't sing" is the biggest reason why people don't want to join. Can't sing, I really doubt that. When we sing, we make a joyous song to God. We lift our voice to Him in His glory. Ephesians 5:19 (second part) says, "Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord". Each day, we sing a song to the Lord. Our song might not be heard by others around us, but our song is heard by God. It might be a song of sorrow, a song of hurt, a song of prayer, a song of confession, a song of praise...a song about anything. Our heart sings to the Lord. As situations arises, our song might change.

I know that you may not have the gift to sing out loud in a choir or sing out loud in public. I know that many people can't find pitch or carry a tune. I know that some people are just inside the car or in the privacy of their own home singers. I know this. But you do have song, a song to the Lord. A song that only you can sing. A song that shares what is in your heart. "Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord." Don't every say you can't sing -- you do it everyday!